Here are the lists of local marketing tactics that will help your local businesses visible in local search results.
Website Marketing Tips for 2015
1. Compelling Layout Design Your website is your “digital first impression” to the world; and the first thing people take notice of is the design and layout. A professional design coupled with the effective use of colors, bullets, spacing, and typography are key to keeping visitors around.
2. Have Great Content Content is king in the world of online marketing; without it, every online strategy will fail –including your website. Make sure your content is focused around topics that your audience WANTS to read, as opposed to being all about your company.
3. Keep Your Content Concise and Easy to Read Your website visitors are not usually looking to read a book. Use shorter pieces of content to help them consume the information faster and easier. Cut out any unnecessary information and get to the point by using bullets and ample whitespace.
4. Use Keyword-Rich Headings Using keywords in your content is great for helping it get picked up by search engines. However, this is also a great way to break up longer pieces of content by sending viewers directly to the information they may be looking for.
5. Use Visual Content Pictures are worth a thousand words, so you can relay a lot of information in an image, graph, infographic, video, or photo. Visual content is becoming extremely popular today as a way to support textual content because they can grab and hold attention.
6. Make Navigation Effortless The last thing a visitor wants to do is get lost when landing on your website. If this happens, most will leave right away. Make sure your navigation is smooth, simple, and easy to follow in order to boost conversions.
7. Capture Leads Once a visitor leaves your website, there is a big chance that they will never return. Therefore, you should have a way to establish a connection with them, such as an email capture form and social media “join us” calls to actions.
8. Make Sure Everything Works Nothing can turn a visitor off more than broken links, slow loading times, or forms that don’t work. Check periodically to make sure that all aspects of your site are working as they should to avoid losing visitors.
9. Mobilize Your Website Traditional websites are not built for viewing on mobile devices. Millions of people today are using their smartphones to surf the web. So you should have a mobile-friendly website to avoid losing potential leads and customers.
10. Don’t Forget Your Calls to Action Every page of your website should include a call to action that tells visitors what you want them to do. Your call to action should be short, clear, and to-the-point. Want them to call you, visit you, or email you? Boost conversions by telling them to do it.
Email Marketing Tips for 2015
1. Develop an Email Marketing Plan First Before you start an email marketing campaign, create a plan that details your goals, what type of emails you will send, and who your target audience is. Otherwise, you could get started on the wrong foot.
2. Build a Targeted List of Subscribers Email marketing is only as effective as the quality of your list. When building your list, target people who are already doing business with your brand –or at least those who have shown interest in what you have to offer.
3. Use Accurate Subject Lines One big mistake is to hook people into opening your email with a subject line that is totally irrelevant to your email content. This is a big turn-off to most subscribers and can cause many of them to opt-out of your list.
4. Keep Your Content Relevant Avoid going “off-topic” when it comes to your email content. Only talk about things your subscribers would be interested in hearing. If there are times when you want to talk about unrelated topics, keep it to a minimum and keep it professional.
5. Write Your Messages to ONE Person Personalizing email messages can boost conversions. One way to do so is to address subscribers by their first names. Another way is to use terms such as “you” instead of “you all” or “you guys.” Make them feel like you’re only talking to them.
6. Make Sure Your Emails are Mobile-Friendly As more and more people read email on their mobile devices, it is crucial that your emails can be read on them comfortably. Otherwise, you will miss out on potential buyers who may have taken you up on your offer.
7. Keep Your Emails Short & Sweet Due to low attention spans, most people are not up for reading really long and drawn out emails. Instead, only include the important points in your email. If you have more content to share on the topic, direct them to a website or blog post.
8. Mix Up Your Messages The main goal of email marketing is to boost revenue. However, this does not mean that every message you send out should be promotional. Mix it up by giving your audience great tips, how-to, or other types of information that they would appreciate.
9. Test Your Campaigns Your goal is to consistently improve your email performance. The only way to do so is to test how well it’s working for you. Based on this information, you will be able to improve going forward.
10. Make it Easy for Them to Unsubscribe This may seem like it defeats the purpose, but the fact is… you really do not want anyone on your list who doesn’t want to be there. So make sure there’s a link to unsubscribe in all of your emails.
Reputation Management Tips for 2015
1. Develop a Crisis Plan A company’s worst nightmare is to discover that there are negative mentions about them floating around on the web. Be proactive by setting up a plan that details critical information about how you will deal with this situation if it should occur.
2. Put Customer Service FIRST The basis for a positive reputation is to have a great business with excellent customer service. If not, you are giving people a reason to post negative content about you on the internet.
3. Find Out What People Are Saying The internet is a huge field for people to discuss products, services, and businesses. Therefore, be sure to consistently monitor social media, blogs, and customer review sites for comments about your business.
4. Face the Negative Issues Many of your unsatisfied customers may go to social media, review sites, or blogs to air their feelings about your brand. Whenever you see this, respond to them promptly and try to remedy the situation to show that customer service is a top-priority.
5. Develop and Distribute Great Content Consistently Publishing relevant, useful keyword optimized content on a consistent basis will help your business get more “positive” search engine exposure. This leaves less room for negative mentions to show up, which are usually out of your control.
6. Build Loyalty and Trust Building a social media community can go a long way in helping your online image. Social followers tend to be loyal and post “positive” feelings about businesses they enjoy. Leverage this fact by engaging with your social audience regularly.
7. Ask Happy Customers for Reviews Simply asking your satisfied customers for reviews –without bribing or giving incentives –is a great way to build a positive online reputation. In most cases, if you don’t ask, you won’t receive.
8. Post Positive Reviews on Your Website Your website is your internet “home.” This is where many consumers go to learn more about your company. So having positive reviews posted on your website is a great way to put potential customers at ease when it comes to doing business with you.
9. Be Careful with Your Online Comments One way to damage your reputation is by commenting on controversial issues, trash talking, or talking about unprofessional details of your private life. There is a lot you can say online that is related to your industry and will help your target audience –so stick to these types of posts and comments.
10. Work to Repair Any Damage If your company is suffering due to damaging online information, whether it’s true or not, take immediate steps to address it. This may involve the services of a professional, but if you do not handle it, it is definitely hurting your ability to generate new customers.
Social Media Marketing Tips for 2015
1. Develop a Plan First Before jumping into social media marketing, it is important to decide who you want to target, what type of content you want to provide, and which social networks you will use to get the job done.
2. Listen to Your Audience A crucial part of social media success is being able to listen to what your audience is saying. So pay attention to posts made on your pages and be sure to respond quickly and appropriately.
3. Don’t Over-Share While it is important to communicate with your fans and followers, posting too often can be a turn-off. Create a posting schedule that is consistent, but not too over-bearing.
4. Provide Valuable Tips & Information When speaking to your social media network, go further than just promotions. Share information that they will appreciate in regards to your industry; this will build trust and credibility for your business.
5. Keep it Short It’s tempting to make long posts on topics, but when it comes to social media, short posts receive higher engagement. People today have short attention spans; so break your content up and dish it out in small, easy-to-digest pieces.
6. Encourage Sharing Social media content can reach a massive number of people without any additional effort on your part. Ask your audience to share it with their networks and make it easy for them to do so.
7. Share Other People’s Content While your audience wants to hear what you have to say, they would also appreciate when you share relevant content from others. This is a win-win situation because it also cuts down on the amount of content that you have to personally create.
8. Test the Best Getting the most out of your content can be tricky; as far as when to publish, what to publish, types of content, and good calls to action. The best way to figure this out is to test, measure, and track different strategies.
9. Follow Your Competitors In any form of marketing, it’s important to see what your competition is doing; the same applies for social media. While you don’t want to copy exactly what they do, it is in your best interest to study how they interact with their fans and followers.
10. Choose Your Social Media Platforms Carefully It may be tempting to join a bunch of different social media sites. But start with just a few –the ones where your target audience likely has a strong presence –and master those before moving to others.
Video Marketing Tips for 2015
1. Balance Your Video Content Don’t make the mistake of “only” making videos that promote your products and services. Create videos that are related to the needs and interests of your audience for the best results.
2. Think Evergreen Focus on creating videos that contain useful, engaging content that your audience will always find useful. This way, they will help you generate new leads in the long-term.
3. Use YouTube YouTube is the 2ndlargest search engine online. So create a channel and upload your videos there so they can be found when people search for information related to your industry.
4. Localize & Optimize Optimize your YouTube videos and channels with local keyword terms and search phrases that your target market would use. Also include your local address, local phone number, and website address in the description box.
5. Create Video Content Often Keep your viewers coming back by consistently creating videos that they will want to watch. Video marketing is not a one-off thing; creating fresh video content should be a part of your overall marketing strategy.
6. Capture Emotions Up-Front. You only have a few seconds to capture the attention of your audience, so be sure to give them a reason to keep watching. Tap into their pain points, needs, or wants right away.
7. Don’t Go Overboard Online videos do not require over-the-top production; nor do they need to be long and drawn out. In fact, short, simple videos are proven to work best when it comes to online video marketing.
8. Brand All of Your Videos Branding is important in all of your online marketing methods; including your videos. It can be as simple as including your company logo at the beginning to help boost brand awareness.
9. Encourage Social Media Sharing Videos are often shared on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Be sure to encourage your fans and followers to share your videos with their networks for ultimate exposure.
10. Use a Strong, Compelling Call-to-Action At the end of every video, tell viewers what you want them to do; otherwise, most will simply close out and move to the next video. Want them to call you, visit your establishment, or email you? Tell them to do it.