3 Safe Ways to Build Links in 2014
- Focus external link building efforts on the acquisition of editorially given links. These are links requiring human intervention and approval.
- Build links that are relevant – on pages where the readers would have a genuine interest in your website.
- Quality trumps quantity. A few links from high trust/authority websites will have more impact than hundreds of links from "Made for Guest Posting" blogs.
2014 SEO Trends
Quality engaging content (CCO)
Content is what businesses are built on today. It always has been and always will be.
2. Social Media
3. Responsive (Design)website
(Mobile and Tablet user friendly)
How people interact with your business via mobile devices should be one of your top priorities
1. Mobile Is About To Go Mainstream
2. Niche Sites Will Make An Impact (Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus)
3. Blogging Will Remain The #1 Way To Generate New Business (I have this one)
4. Spammy Content Will Be Eliminated Everywhere
5. Google Plus Will Grow Faster Than Ever
6. Triggered Emails Will Increase Sales (Email Marketing)
7. Ambassadors And Influencers Will Hold The Power (Influencer marketing and word-of-mouth marketing is going to be one of the most powerful ways to get in front of customers in a new way.)
8. Image-Centric Sites Will Continue To Rise
9. Video Consumption Will Increase (Whether it's an educational video or an ad, consumers will look to video content to learn about businesses.)
10. Sharing Will Be More Important Than Ever (Social media sharing will be get ramped up and everyone and their mother will be doing it.)